To align people’s hearts and minds with the mission of Christ.
To help people intentionally grow in relationship with Christ, uncover their God-given gifts, and move forward in confidence, overflowing with God’s love and goodness and spreading it through the world.
- “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’No other commandment is greater than these.” – Mark 12:28-31
- So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. – John 13:4
- May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. – 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. – John 15:4
- Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. – John 14:23
- Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God. – 1 Peter 4:10
- “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ – Matthew 25:21
- Whoever is faithful with very little will also be faithful with much. – Luke 16:10
- Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. – 1 Peter 4:10
- For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. – Galatians 5:13-14
- Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. – Colossians 1:10
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. – Matthew 28:19
She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. – Proverbs 31:16
Like everyone, I am learning and growing every day. I am not perfect and never will be, and I have a real life and struggles, just like you. I always “strive not to be understood, but to not be misunderstood,” but I know sometimes I will be. This is especially true in a written medium that doesn’t include the benefit of immediate or face-to-face interaction. At all times, I will do my very best to prayerfully convey my understanding of the Word, but sometimes I will be wrong. If you have questions about anything I write, or if it seems doctrinally unsound, please provide me your constructive, wise counsel, either through email or in your comments. Let’s use these misunderstandings to start a thoughtful discussion that deepens our mutual knowledge of the Bible and God’s love for us.
I’m excited to see you Overflow! Let’s do this!