Sister, you were created in God’s image. Yes, you. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He doesn’t have off days. God himself, the maker of the universe and its infinite stars, carefully planned for you.
He shaped, molded, and designed you specifically and purposefully, with his own mighty hands. He considered every part of you: the large and subtle nuances of your personality, every striation in the iris of your eye, and the shape of each tooth. He knows you and he LOVES you.
Ephesians 2:10 NLT – 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Do you believe you are his masterpiece? Do you believe Him? Often, instead of believing the life-giving, eternal promises of God, we tend to internalize negative messages from the world and even ourselves. Both of those tell us we’ll never be enough and we’ll always be less.
Who do you choose to believe?
Yesterday’s post shed light on how our self-talk can be quite abusive. Imagine the people you love the most. Would you want anyone to speak to them that way, including themselves? (Hopefully, you answered “no” to that.) God doesn’t want that for you either. You are his daughter. In fact, he wants everyone to treat you with kindness – even yourself. He also wants you to believe him when he promises he loves you. He wants you to trust him enough to receive the fullness of his unlimited love.
2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV – And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
Prayer journaling is a powerful way to connect with God, focus our prayers, and make sense of our feelings. With today’s post, we’re continuing with Day 7 of the Overflowing Jesus Journal prompts, which builds upon what we wrote yesterday.
It’s not too late to join in! If you missed it, just start with Day 1, which explains the whole concept.
Overflowing Jesus Journal: Day 7 –
Psalm 139:14 ESV – I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Read the verses, above, and let them sink into your soul. Choose to believe them. To believe God.
Now journal the following:
Write a prayer to God, thanking him for how he designed you. Write about the specifics of how he shaped you, and the aspects of yourself that he’s used for good.
- Are you a great listener? A gifted writer? Do you love your kids beyond comprehension? Are you a hard worker? It can be anything. Write a “thank you” to God for it.
- Have a stubborn streak, or some other trait that feels like your Achilles Heel? Release it to the Lord and write about how he can use that for good. Acknowledge the gifts he built into your design.
- Example: I can be incredibly stubborn, but over the years, God refined that stubbornness into loyalty and resilience. I may go down for the count but I get back up. I follow through. (Wow, that’s really strange to acknowledge in writing!) I’m far from perfect, but this ingrained stubborn/loyal trait has helped me stay much truer to God, my family, and his calling.
- Thank God for all your gifts and surrender them to him for further refining.
- Thank him for three things from the past hours. Remember: No repeats from previous entries!
Enjoying your prayer journal experience? Desperate for the other prompts? Here you go!
Want more, and want it conveniently? Click “subscribe” to follow the blog with your email, and future posts and prompts will show up in your inbox the instant I post them.
Encourage your friends to join you on this healing prayer journal journey! Share the goodness with them! You never know who needs encouragement.
Please click the “Like” star and make a comment, below, if this post touches your heart or the prompts are making a positive impact in your life. I would love to hear from you!
Would you like to (re)invite Jesus into your heart? If so, congratulations! This post is for you.