Whenever we feel down about an ongoing situation, it’s easy to wave the white flag, sit back, and admit defeat. But we don’t have to accept that – at least not according to Marie Forleo, and I believe her! I LOVE Marie’s “Everything Is Figureoutable” philosophy and her book by the same name is fabulous! In it, she suggests you work your hiney off and innovate with everything in you to find a solution to your biggest issues because one is always there, just waiting to be found.
This doesn’t mean the solution will be simple or that it won’t take time to come to fruition. Worthwhile, ethical solutions often take effort, energy, and more patience than we’d like. But solving the issues that plague you make it SO worth the effort!
I suggest you add to her philosophy always put God first in your efforts, continually pray for discernment, wisdom, insight, and direction, and check the Bible to be sure your solution aligns with God’s Word before you embark on any problem solving adventures.
- In debt? Learn everything you can about biblical financial principles, start acting on them, and then find a way to make extra cash by serving others. Who knows, maybe you’ll discover your hidden genius!
- Unlucky in love? You can’t control anyone else, but you can ask God to show you how to get better loving other people in real, genuine, and meaningful ways – then do it! You can also improve at discerning who you should or shouldn’t allow into your life.
- Hate your job? Tap everyone you know for potential career opportunities, learn a new skill, or access the internet and figure out how to start your own entrepreneurial adventure. Dare to dream!
- Dryer belt broke and you can’t afford the repairs? Find a YouTube video on how to fix it yourself. You’ll add a new skill to your repertoire and feel awesome after you do!
Overflowing Jesus Journal: Day 32
One of the most empowering things you can do in your life is cultivate your resourcefulness. Don’t stay stuck in a tower window like a pampered princess, waiting for someone to rescue you. Figure it out! Look to God, ask for advice, seek wise counsel, get creative, assess the tools and resources God made available to you, consider your gifts and talents – the ones the Lord Himself created you with, then tie together some bed sheets and climb down!
Disclaimer: With all this being said, sometimes, God says no. That’s okay. He knows better than we do, so pray about it. Sometimes, you just need to trust him enough to be where you are. In my experience, when he means for me to keep moving forward, I’m like a dog with a bone and just can’t let it go, but when I’m supposed to walk away form something, a peace comes over me that’s completely out of character. However, when he urges us to move, he suggests praying, seeking answers, and knocking on every door until we find a solution.
Now, pray for wisdom and insight, and then read the following verses and let them sink into your sould:
Matthew 7:7 NIV – 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
When you’re ready, grab your prayer journal and write your answers to the following as a prayer:
- What is the biggest pain point in your life right now? Pray for insight on whether to attempt to conquer it or release it to God.
- Google at least three bible verses on the topic.
- Based on your answers and the scriptures you found, what is one action step you can take to improve the situation?
- Write a prayer for someone else by name.
- Thank God for three blessings from your life in the last 24 hours. Remember, no repeats from previous entries!!
Thanks for joining me! If this is your first time here, or it’s your first experience prayer journaling and you can’t wait to get more journal prompts, AWESOME! Start with Day 1. It explains the whole concept. If you like, you can do the posts after the Day 1 post, in chronological order, to get the full healing experience.
No pressure though! If you’re crunched on time, you can treat them like a buffet and only write on the ones that inspire you or tug at your spirit. Let the Lord guide you through your process. This is your journey and I’m thrilled that this little blog is a part of it!
If you want the convenience of having these delivered straight to your inbox every morning, click below to subscribe.
Whether you’re struggling or celebrating, I’d love to pray for you! You can contact me here with your prayer requests and/or praises. If this touched your heart or motivated you, please share a comment, below! I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!