Purple Rose from Reluctant Preacher’s Daughter awarded me the Outstanding Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Purple Rose. I can’t tell you how encouraged I was to see this, but as a fellow blogger, I know you totally get it! ❤
If you’re not following her, please do! You can also check out her award here.
1. Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: See why in step 5.)
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
I choose to give this award to (in no particular order):
- Hickum Home
- Shirley Larson
- By Cloud and Fire
- Chris Manion
- Simple Not Stressful
- Krysann Joye
- Woven of Wonder
- Dr. Eric Perry
- Sassy Zen Girl
- Pointless Overthinking
Yes, I picked 11, but I wouldn’t give up a single one of them. From what I’ve read, these blogs are awesome and all of them have blessed me in some way, with anything from helping me shift my mindset, to being a better mom/human, to understanding God’s grace and other people a little more, to being a better blogger. They’re all different, with different purposes, but they are thought-provoking, inspiring, informative, and can be pretty darn fun, too! Please check them out!
Purple Rose’s questions for me:
- What is your least favorite color?
Brown. As a nurse, my relationship with it stinks.
- What is a song you keep hearing and wish you never heard again?
This is a tough one. I LOVE music and enjoy all genres except twangy country music, but there’s a mortifying/hilarious reason for my distaste. As a kid, I was in a country line dance group and performed to raise money for muscular dystrophy. We were dancing on a float in the Miss Ohio Parade when two boys from my class decided it would be a great idea to chase the float and throw unclaimed parade candy at me, all while screaming, “YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!”
They thought they were funny. I disagreed. I haven’t cared for country music since then, although I always laugh at the memory in my head. (It took a while to get there though…)
- Are there any condiments you do not want on your sandwich or burger?
Pickles. Ugh. They are the grossest!
- Do you like to wrap presents or put them in gift bags?
Wrap for Christmas and gift bags for birthdays. (In my prior life, when I lived in a constant state of overwhelm, I just thrust the store bag at people with the unwrapped gift inside because I usually stopped and bought it on the way to their celebration.)
- What holiday would you get rid of if you could?
Sweetest Day. It’s a great excuse to go on a date, but do we really need two Valentine’s Days – especially if the second one is just a watered-down version?
- If you had to spend one year working every single day or one year eating nothing but vegetables everyday, which would you choose?
Vegetables. Hands down, all day, everyday. (But, I guess that would be the literal case in this scenario.)
7. If you knew that today was the last day of your life, what would you do?
Pray to use it wisely and love on my family and friends. And go SKYDIVING!!!
Seven unique questions for my nominees:
- What is your least favorite food and why?
- Dolls: Creepy or cute?
- What goal are you tackling right now?
- If you were a dog, what kind would you be? Provide your reasoning.
- If you suddenly won $100 million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with it?
- Who was your celebrity childhood crush?
- What is your hidden talent?
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV -Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
Thanks for reading! You can subscribe, below, to get encouragement delivered straight to your inbox. I’ll cherish your email like I cherish Cadbury Eggs! (Best. Candy. Ever.)